- This event has passed.
National Trust’s Vienna Cottage
April 23 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Open 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month
2:00 pm – 4:00pm
Vienna Cottage is a rare example of an artisan’s home of the past century. Built in 1871, it was the home of John and Ann Hillman and their five children.
They lived in what was a typical tradesman’s cottage, with four rooms in the main building and a detached kitchen and laundry at the back.
In 1984 the house was purchased by the National Trust on behalf of the people of Hunters Hill, while the old orchard was bought by Hunters Hill Council. Both were opened to the public in 1988 as part of the bicentenary project.
Vienna Cottage is in the heart of the Hunters Hill peninsula, and within easy walking of many heritage buildings, including Hunters Hill Town Hall (26 Alexandra St), Hunters Hill Congregational Church (1 Ferdinand St.), All Saints Church (cnr Ferry and Ambrose St), Garibaldi Inn (cnr Alexandria and Ferry St), and many other private residences of historic interest.